朋友轉寄一篇短文給我,看完後心都揪成一團.我曾看過收容所的狗狗,牠們知道
自己是被遺棄的一群,睜著絕望的雙眼,出奇的安靜.小小的鐵籠是最後的家,再沒
有人會惦記著他們,生命的消失就在那一瞬間.
一直以來,我跟Jay在路上不知撿到過多少被遺棄的狗狗,牠們也曾經是主人的心
肝寶貝.但是漸漸長大,沒有小時候可愛,屋子空間不夠,收拾大小便很麻煩,會亂叫
,很調皮,飼主就會以這些理由自私的將牠們丟棄.我很討厭看任何以動物為主題
的電影,因為電影一時帶動的風潮又不知道會造成多少流浪動物.我在木柵的山上
看過一處狗繁殖場,暗無天日的鐵皮屋,一個一個的鐵籠,骯髒的水盆,發臭的飯碗,
種犬只能窩在小鐵籠中不停的生育.寵物店櫥窗中可愛的幼犬就是在這麼惡劣的
環境繁殖出來的.直到今天,每每想到那個可怕的景象,我心裡還是非常非常的難過.
一個人的力量有限,我也只能做到這麼多.我希望想養同伴動物的人可以用認養
代替購買.很多可愛的狗狗貓咪在收容所等待一個家,也許你就是那個可以給他
一輩子愛的天使~
熊熊,在山豬窟垃圾掩埋場附近撿到.是最善解人意的秋田犬.
1993-2004.
原文如下:
Dear Mom and Dad
親愛的爸媽
I died today.
今天我死了。
You got tired of me and took me to the shelter. They were overcrowded and I drew an unlucky number.
你對我感到厭倦了,所以你把我送去了收容所。收容所的動物已經太多了,而我抽到了不幸的號碼。
I am in a plastic bag in a landfill now.
現在被裝進黑色塑膠袋的我靜靜躺在掩埋場裡。
Some other puppy will get the barley used leash you left.
你留下來幾乎全新的牽繩會給其他小狗狗用。
My collar was dirty and too small, but the lady took it off before she sent me to the Rainbow Bridge.
我的項圈又髒又太小,不過阿姨在送我上天堂之前幫我把它拿下來了。
Would I still be at home if I hadn't chewed your shoe?
如果我沒有咬壞你的鞋,你會不會讓我留下來?
I didn't know what it was, but it was leather, and it was on the floor. I was just playing.
我不知道那是什麼,只知道那是皮的,而且你把它丟在地上。
You forgot to get me puppy toys.
你忘了幫我買狗狗玩具了。
Would I still be at home if I had been housebroken?
如果我沒有在家裡大小便,你會不會讓我留下來?
Rubbing my nose in what I did made me ashamed I had to go at all.
你把我的鼻子壓在便便裡面只會讓我對需要上廁所感到羞愧。
There are books and obedience teachers that would have taught you how to teach me to go to the door.
書跟訓練老師都可以告訴你如何教會我走到門口要你開門的
Would I still be at home if I hadn't brought fleas into the house?
如果我沒有把跳蚤帶到家裡來,你會不會讓我留下來?
Without anti-flea medicine, I couldn't get them off me after you left me in the yard for days and days.
我身上沒有驅蟲藥,我沒有辦法在你把我留在院子裡好幾天後跑到我身上的跳蚤抓下來。
Would I still be home if I hadn't barked and barked?
如果我沒有亂叫,你會不會讓我留下來?
I was only saying "I'm scared, I'm lonely, I'm here, I'm here! I want to be your best friend."
我只是想告訴你:“我好害怕,我好孤單,我在這裡阿!我想成為你最好的朋友!
Would I still be at home if I had made you happy?
如果我讓你開心,你會不會讓我留下來?
Hitting me didn't help.
但是打我並不會讓我知道怎麼取悅你。
Would I still be at home if you had taken the time to care for me and to teach me manners?
如果你願意花時間照顧我,教我如何當一隻好狗狗,我是不是就可以留下來了?
You didn't pay attention to me after the first week or so,
差不多第一星期之後你就沒有再注意過我了,
but I spent all my time waiting for you to love me.
但是我一直都在等著你來愛我
I died today......
今天我死了.....
英文原文出自"Animals In Our Hearts"
http://www.animalsinourhearts.com/index.html
中文翻譯出處不詳.